Black Swan's Power Flakes is Black Swan Drain Pipe Opener in a flake form. Contains sodium hydroxide. Used for cleaning clogged drain pipes due to grease, hair, lint, paper, food scraps and all organic material. Will not harm plumbing fixtures, porcelain or septic systems. Can be used with hot water.
Drain lines over time accumulate matter on the sides of the piping system. This matter could be grease, soap scum, hair, food, or other organic material. Eventually the opening on the piping system will get smaller and smaller and the flow of water draining will slow down or even stop. It is at this point that one possible solution is to use a drain pipe opener to clean the clogged drain lines.
HOW POWER FLAKES WORK
When Power Flakes is poured into a drain there is usually standing water. The chemicals in the drain opener react with the water to create a tremendous amount of heat. This heat will help soften the matter on the side of the pipe and hopefully cause this matter to flow away thus opening up the piping system. The chemicals in the Power Flakes also react with organic matter (cellulose in toilet paper, sanitary pads, etc.) and dissolve them. This also opens up the piping system and should help the flow of water dramatically.
- Read entire label before using.
- Remove standing water, if any.
- For sinks, lavatory, shower and tubs – run hot water to warm line and then slowly add one-quarter container in drain opening. Run hot water until Power Flakes are dissolved.
- For floor drains – run hot water to warm line and slowly add half container into drain opening. Run hot water until Power Flakes are fully dissolved. After 15 minutes pour water down the drain. If drain is still clogged, repeat application. If drain is still clogged, do not repeat. Consult a plumber.
- Never use Power Flakes in garbage disposals, dishwashers, toilet bowls, or in pipes directly connected to these devices.
- Keep Power Flakes away from aluminum, wood, paint, acrylic or fiberglass.
- Keep Power Flakes away from eyes, skin and clothing. Do not stare drown drain while Power Flakes is working as splash back may occur.
- Use rubber gloves and eye goggles while using Power Flakes.
- Never mix Power Flakes with drain cleansers or chemicals as violent reaction may occur.
- Never use Power Flakes with plunger or pressurized drain opener as splash may occur.
- Never cover drain opening after using Power Flakes.
- In case of a spill, sweep Power Flakes into dust pan and dispose of into nearest drain.
Clogged drains are usually due to the build up of grease, hair, soap scum, or bath oils. Rather than wait for the drain to start causing you problems, be on the offensive. Every week use a small amount of Power Flakes to keep them running freely.
May be fatal or cause permanent damage if swallowed. Caused severe burns to eyes and skin. Contains sodium hydroxide (C.A.S.#1310-73-2). May cause blindness. Avoid contact with skin, eyes, mouth and clothing. Keep out of reach of children.
Eyes: Flush with water for 20 minutes.
External: Flush with water then wash with vinegar.
Internal: Drink large quantities of water or milk. Follow with citrus juices, if available.
In all cases, contact physician, Poison Control or Emergency Room immediately.