Black Swan's Flange & Gasket is a 100% pure wax gasket for setting all floor outlet toilet bowls. This ring has a plastic flange which extends the discharge opening. This makes for a more positive seal and assures proper bowl alignment. The gasket forms a water tight, gas tight and odor tight seal. Fits 3" and 4" waste lines. Meets Federal Specification TT-P-1536A.
For certain locations throughout the United States, local codes require the plastic flange to fit 4" openings only. Black Swan does have this product available (Stock No. 4540).
- Be sure the wax ring is at room temperature (about 70° F). If wax ring is too cold a good seal may not be made or the toilet bowl could crack while making the installation.
- With the toilet bowl upside down on a protective pad or blanket, place the wax ring around the discharge opening. Press firmly to assure adhesion when the toilet is inverted.
- Using the Black Swan's Stainless or Stay Soft Putty, make a putty ring about 1 inch high around the outside rim of the toilet. This will make a seal between the toilet rim and the floor.
- Carefully set the toilet down on bolts and twist bowl slightly to spread wax and putty to make a tight seal. Tighten bolts carefully to prevent breaking the bowl.
Black Swan also sells Flange & Gasket with closet bolts included in the package. Since closet bolts are necessary to make the installation, this is a nice package to offer the end user.
1. Stock number 04425 is Flange & Gasket with two 1/4" X 2-1/4" brass bolts, two brass plated nuts, two brass plated washers, and two plastic stand-up washers.
2. Stock number 04426 is Flange & Gasket with two 1/4" X 2-1/4" brass bolts, four brass plated nuts and four brass plated washers.
3. Stock number 04430 is Flange & Gasket with two 1/4" X 2-1/4" brass plated bolts, two brass plated nuts, two brass plated washers and two plastic stand-up washers.
4. Stock number 04431 is Flange & Gasket with two 1/4" X 2-1/4" brass plated bolts, four brass plated nuts and four brass plated washers.
GHS LABEL INFORMATION
SIGNAL WORD: None
HAZARDOUS STATEMENT: None
Skin: First aid is not normally required. Wash affected area thoroughly with waterless cleaner and/or soap and water. If irritation persists, consult a physician.
Eyes: Firs aid is not normally required. Flush with large amounts of water for 15 minutes, holding eyelids open. Consult a physician if irritation persists.
Ingestion: First aid is not normally required. If swallowed, give two glasses of water to drink. Never give anything by mouth to an unconscious person. Do not induce vomiting. Consult a physician.
Store away from flame, heat (110° F maximum to keep wax rings from melting or deforming in shape) and strong oxidizing agents. Do not stack cases more than seven high on each pallet. .
Dispose of container in accordance with federal, state or local regulations.
UPC NUMBER AND CARTON INFORMATION
|STOCK NO.||SIZE||UPC NUMBER||CARTON CUBIC FEET|
|04420||---||0 54647 04420 0||1.37|
|04420-12*||---||0 54647 04420 0||1.37|
|04420-6||---||0 54647 04420 0||1.37|
|04425||---||0 54647 04425 5||1.37|
|04426||---||0 54647 04426 2||1.37|
|04430||---||0 54647 04430 9||1.37|
|04431||---||0 54647 04431 6||1.37|
* 12 pack display
|GHS Safety Data Sheet|