Black Swan’s Lead Free Acid Core Solder is a lead free wire solder that combines 95% tin and 5% antimony alloy. It is a general purpose solder for sheet metal, radiator repair and galvanized gutters. Acid flux is in the core of the solder.
Tin (CAS 7440-31-5), Lead (CAS 7439-92-1), Zinc Chloride (CAS 7656-85-7), Polyethylene Glycol (CAS n/a)
- Clean area to be soldered of any copper oxide using Black Swan's Sand Cloth, Screen Cloth or Fitting Brushes. Also, make sure there is no grease, dirt or oil on the area to be soldered.
- Lead Free Acid Core Solder contains flux, however additional flux may be necessary to ensure proper flow of wire solder.
- Heat area to be soldered. At some point touch wire solder to area to be soldered. When hot enough, wire solder will flow and make connection. You must apply wire solder around entire area to be connected. Do not overheat copper tubing.
- When soldering process is complete, allow connection to cool undisturbed.
- Wipe excess liquid solder after connection is made using a clean, dry cotton rag.
GHS LABEL INFORMATION
SIGNAL WORD: None.
HAZARDOUS STATEMENT: None.
Keep out of reach of children. Avoid breathing of dust/fumes/gas/mist/vapors/spray. Wash thoroughly after handling. Do not eat, drink, or smoke when using this product. Use only outdoors or in well-ventilated area.
Eyes: Flush with plenty of water for at least 15 minutes. If irritation persists, get medical attention.
Skin: Remove contaminated clothing and shoes. Wash skin thoroughly with soap and water.
Inhalation: Move into fresh air. If not breathing, give artificial respiration. If breathing is difficult, give oxygen and call physician.
Ingestion: Get medical attention if large quantities of material have been ingested. (Unlikely)
Store in cool, dry, well-ventilated area away from incompatible materials. Keep away from heat, sparks, open flame and other sources of ignition. Incompatible Materials: Acids, bases and oxidizers.
DISPOSAL: Dispose of container in accordance with federal, state or local regulations.