Black Swan's All Purpose Primer/Cleaner (Clear) is a clear, non-bodied, fast acting solvent used to soften, clean and prepare plastic pipe and fittings prior to assembly. All Purpose Primer/Cleaner can be used with all type, schedules and classes of PVC and CPVC pipe and fittings.
WHY PRIMER IS USED
In most cases a successful solvent cement joint can be made without using a primer/cleaner. But, if you want to increase probability of making a successful joint, using a primer/cleaner is the thing to do.
All Purpose Primer/Cleaner accomplishes two things. First, it will clean the pipe and fittings of any dirt, oil, grease and other foreign matter. If the plastic is dirty before making a connection it will be more difficult for the cement to bond the pipe and fitting together. Second, All Purpose Primer/Cleaner will soften the plastic. This allows the cement the opportunity of skipping a step (softening the plastic) and to go immediately to the process of fusing the pipe and fitting together. Note - softening the plastic in cold weather is especially important because it will noticeably speed up the process of making a solvent cement joint.
Using All Purpose Primer/Cleaner is always recommended to make a good connection. And remember, in most locations using a primer/cleaner is mandatory according to local codes.
- All Purpose Primer/Cleaner is recommended for PVC and CPVC pipe and fittings.
- Square cut pipe and remove all dirt and burrs.
- Check dry fit of pipe and fitting. Pipe should easily go into fitting 1/4" to 3/4" of the way.
- Apply liberal amount of All Purpose Primer/Cleaner to all surfaces which will be cemented.
- After cleaning and priming wait 15 seconds to allow surfaces to soften. While surface is still wet apply the cement.
- Follow the directions provided with the solvent cement to make proper joints.
Avoid contact with eyes, mucous membranes, and prolonged skin contact. Use only in a well ventilated area. Avoid prolonged breathing of vapor. Do not use near heat, sparks or flame.
Eyes - flush with plenty of water for 15 minutes. Get medical attention. Skin- flush thoroughly with water. If irritation persists, get medical attention. Internal - if swallowed, give 1 or 2 glasses of water. Do not induce vomiting and call physician immediately.
KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.