Black Swan's CPVC One Step (Red) Cement is a red, medium bodied, reduced VOC emissions, fast setting, high strength cement used to join CPVC pipe and fittings through 3” diameter. For use on CPVC fire sprinkler piping systems. CPVC One Step (Red) Cement is most effective when used in temperature range of 40° F to 100° F.
Tetrahydrofuran (CAS #109-99-9), Acetone (CAS #67-64-1), Methyl Ethyl Ketone (CAS #78-93-3), Cyclohexanone (CAS #108-94-1), CPVC Resin (CAS #68648-82-8), Amorphous Silica (CAS #112945-52-5).
CPVC One Step (Red) Cement has a shelf life of two years from date on bottom of can.
STANDARDS AND APPROVALS
CPVC One Step (Red) Cement meets ASTM D-2846 and ASTM F-493.
CPVC One Step (Red) Cement comes only in pints. There is a dauber in each can to facilitate application of cement.
Store below 110ºF (44ºC). Use only on CPVC plastic. Stir and use as is. If jelled, replace. Use within 2 years of date stamped on bottom of can.
1. Cut pipe square and deburr. Clean and dry joining surfaces.
2. Check dry fit. Pipe should easily go 1/4 to 3/4 of the way into the pipe fitting. Fit should be snug.
3. Use a suitable applicator at least 1/2 size of the pipe diameter; for larger sizes use brush or roller.
4. Apply Black Swan Primer following directions on can. If local code permits, can be used without primer.
5. Apply a full, even layer of cement on the pipe equal to the depth of socket. Coat the fitting socket with a medium layer. Avoid excess and puddling. If necessary, apply a second, full layer on pipe. Cement should fill all gaps.
6. On bell end pipe, do not coat beyond socket depth or allow cement to run beyond bell.
7. Assemble quickly while cement is wet. If not wet, re-coat parts before assembly. Ensure pipe bottoms into fitting socket. Twist 1/8 to 1/4 turn; avoid push-out and allow for initial set, hold for about 30 seconds. Wipe off excess.
8. Allow 15 minutes for good handling strength and 2 hours cure time for temperature above 60ºF (16ºC) before pressure testing up to 180 psi. For pipe sizes over 2”, higher pressure, or temperatures below 60ºF (16ºC), allow longer cure time. For more information, read Black Swan Set and Cure Time Bulletin.
9. Pressure test often so as to eliminate possible large failures.
GHS LABEL INFORMATION
Health Hazard Flammable
SIGNAL WORD: Danger
Highly flammable liquid and vapor. May be fatal if swallowed and enters airways. Harmful in contact with skin. Causes serious eye irritation. Harmful if inhaled. May cause respiratory irritation. May cause drowsiness or dizziness.
Keep out of reach of children. Keep away from heat/sparks/open flames/hot surfaces – no smoking. Keep container tightly closed and cooled. Take precautionary measures against static discharge. Avoid breathing dust/fumes/gas/mist/vapors/spray. Do not get in eyes, on skin, or on clothing. Wash thoroughly after handling. Do not eat, drink or smoke when using this product. Use only outdoors or in well-ventilated area. Wear protective gloves/protective clothing/eye protection/face protection. Wear a NIOSH approved respirator for organic solvents.
Skin: Remove contaminated clothing and shoes. Wash skin thoroughly with soap and water.
Ingestion: Give 1 or 2 glasses of water. DO NOT INDUCE VOMITING. Contact physician immediately.
Inhalation: Move into fresh air. If not breathing, give artificial respiration. If breathing is difficult, give oxygen and call physician.
Eyes: Flush with water for 15 minutes. If irritation persists, get medical attention.
Store in a cool, dry, well-ventilated area away from incompatible materials. Store in shade between 40°F - 110°F. Keep container closed when not in use. Keep away from heat, sparks, open flame and other sources of ignition. Incompatible Materials: caustics. Ammonia, inorganic acids, chlorinated compounds, amines, strong oxidizers and isocyanates.
Dispose of container in accordance with federal, state or local regulations.
MISC. INFORMATION ON SOLVENT CEMENTS